Big Day +Craig

I had a big day on Tuesday.  I got up, applied for a job, went to the Y and cancelled our membership and then went to AT&T and got a new phone.  Yes, it's time for me to go back to work.  I suspended our Y membership for August due to travel and have gone twice in September.  I just don't need it with all the kids in school everyday.  And the phone, well, my old one wasn't holding a charge as long as I liked and I caved to the pretty colored Apple pressure.

So I put my old phone on Craigslist.  I like Craigslist because there are no fees like eBay and Paypal.  At four o'clock in the morning I got an email from someone interested.  They gave a number and invited me to text or call.  I took my mom to the airport this morning and when I was awake I texted.  The interested party and I agreed on a meeting spot, a Dunkin Donuts in Rockville.  I say Rockville because if you know the area you'll know it's not a place I'd feel safe walking after dark.  But whatever, we were meeting at a public place in broad daylight.  The person then tried to negotiate the price but I resisted because I knew my phone is worth more than I was selling it for, I like to list things low because they sell fast and easy.  We finally agreed and I went to Dunkins.

I'm not as dumb as I look so I got there early, bought an iced coffee and locked my purse and phone in the car after texting the person with my description.  I sat down near a table with two older couples.  I got the impression that this foursome is at the DD everyday.  I started to read my book and sip my coffee.

Then a man walked in and over to me.  He was a young dark skinned African American wearing track pants and a hoodie.  He said hi and I said hi and I handed him the phone.  He set his own iPhone down on the counter and used a tool on his keychain to open up the sim slot and then pulled a sim card out of his pocket.  He quickly scrolled through all the new phone screens and then made a call.  A third phone on his person rang and he answered it.  Then my phone rang and I saw a NY number come up.  He answered and said a few things and hung up.  Then he handed me the cash.  I gave him the cable and case that I had, stood up, shook his hand and walked out the door.

And on the way out all four of the elderly donut eaters' mouths were wide open with shock.  I smiled and got in my minivan and headed back to the suburbs.  Another five star Craigslist transaction! Enjoy that phone, good sir!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gu Marathon Sampler Review

Party Plan