Left


Tom'a preschool teacher told me she couldn't tell whether he is left or right handed. And when his kindergarten teacher said the same thing I decided to get to the bottom of it. You can put a pencil in the center of his paper and half the time he will write with his right and half the time left and the writing looks the same. 

I set up a fine motor skills task and had him sorting pom pons and fired away with the camera. 

There you have it folks, a lefty!  And after we finished I received an email from his teacher saying she has come to the same conclusion. 


Comments

Grandpa said…
Probably correct. But do let it all play out naturally. He may turn out to be ambidextrous. I had one good friend and one former student who were forced to use their right hands when young. The effects were considerable because it affects the part of the brain that controls 'handedness'.

Popular posts from this blog

Gu Marathon Sampler Review

Party Plan