Words

I'm amazed at how a few words from a stranger can change your outlook. I was running a marathon in May and a girl just ahead of me started walking at the foot of a hill and I joined her and as I walked past I said, "You are pacing really smart keep it up." Or something like that and after the race she saw me and told me that those words meant a lot and helped her to finish.

And today Alex was the starting pitcher his team's first playoff game.  He threw his maximum number of pitches and was taken out with the score tied 4-4. Because they lost the game he was feeling badly and walking to the parking lot with his head hung and the opposing coaches said something to him about how well he played and how glad they were when he was forced to retire.  It made such a difference.  Allan and I could have talked until we were blue in the face and it wouldn't have made much of a difference but a few words from a stranger can mean a lot. 

Comments

LBJ11 said…
That is SO true! It only makes sense - if your mean words can really hurt, then sincere words can really help. Love your posts!
LBJ11 said…
That is SO true! It only makes sense - if your mean words can really hurt, then sincere words can really help. Love your posts!

Popular posts from this blog

Gu Marathon Sampler Review

Party Plan