Okay, Okay

My sister arrived on Thursday.  On Friday we went shopping in West Hartford and had lunch at Noodles & Company.

We went to Boston on Saturday and grabbed a snack at a French bakery on Newbury Street (my first macaron!) and went up to the observation deck of the Prudential Center followed by lunch at Legal Seafoods. We rode the T to the Museum of Science and went on the duck tour.  After that we walked to Faneuil Hall and had a drink at Frost Ice bar.  Everything except the floor and ceiling is made of ice.  They give you parkas to wear.  The drinks come in ice glasses.  It was very cool no pun intended.  We walked through the North End and got my brother in law a T shirt from the fire station there and had cannoli from Mike's Pastry.  And we went to Regina Pizza and had my dad's favorite pizza and laughed when I described the sounds he made and the sweat that ran off his forehead when he ate it.  On the way home we detoured to the outlets.

On Monday we went to Hammonnasett State park and dipped our toes in the Long Island Sound followed by a fried seafood lunch and of course Allison noticed another set of outlets.  Where I got a purse, wallet and pair of sunglasses for $100 from Fossil after deciding to return the $100 purse I had just got in the mail from QVC because it felt like plastic.  Okay, okay outlets are alright but I'd still rather sit in my car and chew gum than shop. 


After a country fried steak, biscuits and gravy (me) and eggs benedict (her) breakfast at the Chuck Wagon I sent her on her merry way.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cohen Crash