12.05.2014

TGIF


When I worked every other weekend from the time I was in college until Alex was four I really appreciated weekends off. Then I started working every weekend and did that for four years.  Then I had four years off where weekends were actually harder because everyone was home and seemingly always hungry and or making a mess. 

For the past year I've had weekends off and I have a good sense of the typical american workweek while still only working part time. And my mood starts to lift on Thursday mornings and fall on Sunday evenings. 

On the other hand we are so busy we generally start talking planning and logistics for the weekend on Wednesday. Birthday party, parade, Lego league practice and state competition, Sunday school, church, confirmation and a 5K race. Wow!

Last weekend I finished the Gryffindor Scarf. Over 15,000 stitches!

No comments: