Thanksgiving

We are all thankful for each other this year.  With the loss of my mom in January I'm trying really hard to keep my focus on the family that's left.


We had dinner for five this year so I wanted to keep it simple.  Everyone listed their must have and everyone helped make something.  Allan did the turkey:
We didn't spatchcock this year but we are not leaving that technique out of our toolbox since it worked well last year.  This year he seared it in a 500 degree oven and turned the bird.  It was delicious!

Alex made the mashed potatoes and opened the cranberry sauce cans:
He was also responsible for eating at least three pounds of those potatoes.  He's almost six one and he sure does eat like it.

David made the pineapple stuffing and it turned out great.  That was gone by yesterday's lunch and he made a full batch. 
Tom helped with the pumpkin pie.  We used a store bought crust and he poured the filling into the shell and then spread the whipped cream.  And like many males I've met in my life (not including you, honey) he took full credit for a minimum of effort.
That left the gravy for me.  The drippings were blackened from the high temperature so I only added a bit and used chicken broth to make up the difference.  Funny story-that's my mom's gravy boat and she laughingly told how she and my dad went years without a gravy boat because early on in their marriage she got mad at my dad (for being late?) and threw the thing at him then spent years explaining why she didn't have one before replacing it.  Now I have two so I can throw one at any time.  Consider yourself warned. 
I finished the main parts of a sweater for my sister and am sending it to her to try on for length before I do the ribbing on the sleeves and body.  I am so sick of this grey yarn and these cables I'm not going to mind if she takes awhile to get it back to me.

 Back:

Front:





Comments

MonkeeMommy said…
She threw the gravy boat at him because he left her at home unpacking while he went to the bar with Roger Betterman. According to legend, she hit him in the ankle and he limped for a couple of days. 😂

Popular posts from this blog

Cohen Crash