Kombucha

I'm making kombucha in my closet.  It's a fermented tea that needs a culture, black tea, sugar, warm temperature and 7-10 days to make.  There are various health claims about this ancient beverage but I just like the taste.  It's sour and carbonated which is great for a former soda addict.  The yeast and bacteria consume most of the sugar and caffeine so it can be enjoyed by all. You can buy it in many grocery stores and even Walgreens near me but it's crazy expensive $3-4 per bottle and if you know me you know I've figured out how much the homemade version costs.  It's just 7 cents per bottle and each time you brew you double your starter so you can share with a friend.  I can't wait until mine is ready.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gu Marathon Sampler Review

Party Plan